Friday, September 7, 2012

Bottling our Carmenere Wine

Today was an exciting day. My wife and I bottled our Super Premium Kit Wine, Carmenere. This wine came with 18 liters of juice, grape skins and Oak chips. Some 45 days after having started the wine we're bottling it. I made sure I did several rackings to remove the TDS (sediment) and several stirrings to remove all gas.

The Carmenere wine is still young but it's taste is one of cherries and plums. I also love it's deep dark red colour.

We've got our bottling system down quite pat with 30 bottles being washed, sterilized, filled, corked and labeled in about one hour.

The bottom photo gives a hint of our bottling process. I took one of the bottles and have started the process of turning it into a nice red wine Port.

1 comment:

  1. Your wine sounds delicious! I’m pretty sure wine lovers will love the sweetness of cherries and plums, and fall in love with Carmenere! And I think you did a pretty good job on bottling it as well! Wines need to be bottled and sealed properly to retain the taste of this wonderful work of art. I hope that you continue to make delicious wine in the future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete