Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Zinfandel Wine

My Zinfandel wine has gone from the primary fermenter to the wine press and now to the carboy.

Before I put the wine in the carboy I still added a small amount of yeast nutrient to make sure the primary fermentation comes complete.

In about 4 to 7 days I'll rack the wine off of the rest of the solids. No matter how careful you are in the transferring of the wine from the press you'll have some solids as well. It's best not to let the wine sit with those solids for too long because it might pick up some "off" tastes.

I used 4 boxes of Zinfandel Grapes each weighing 36 pounds. As far as I can figure out I've got about 39 liters of wine after the pressing. With my next racking off the solids I will have a little less wine.

My Zinfandel wine to date has a nice dark colour and a wonderful aroma. Stay tuned for more on this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment